BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, October 4, 2010

Can You Make That A Large?

I have resorted to raiding other people's closets. Let me explain.

All of my clothes are too big. This isn't a complaint...just something I didn't think about when I began this journey. In the last five months, I've gone through three wardrobes. In the last two months, I've purged my closet of three large trash bags of clothes. I've also had to replace shoes, because apparently my feet shrank! This causes mixed feelings for a couple of reasons. I am THRILLED that they no longer fit. It means I am moving down another size, but it causes a little apprehension as well. What am I going to wear?

As I get smaller, and my clothes appear to grow, I look sloppier and sloppier. For those of you that don't know, I work in a professional office setting. I don't have the option of wearing jeans or sweats to work. I have no uniform. It's me, the department store, and whatever business attire I can find. If someone could donate a few thousand dollars to the "Ang's Clothing Fund," it would be greatly appreciated. Just to give you an idea of what I deal with, I changed clothes four times this morning. Clothes that were a bit "snug" last winter, are now so large, I wouldn't be caught dead in them, much less in my office.

Here's how the raiding has gone: I call friends and ask if they have clothes I can borrow. Many are more than willing to rid their closets of items they no longer wear, or no longer fit. I get free clothes, and they get a cleaner closet.

Recently I was asking my mother if she had any gym clothes I could borrow. My mom and I work out together as much as possible, so she's losing weight as well. She pulled some adorable pants out, and handed them to me. I looked at the size: LARGE. Um, yeah... I don't think so. I can't fit into those!! But, I tried them on. They fit!! I was shocked and ecstatic all in the same breath. To go from a 2X to a Large in 5 months is so overwhelming for me. I'm happy, feel great, and ready for more (or less, depending on how you look at it).

0 comments: